We will tailor the role to match the candidate’s experience and expect the role to evolve as the company grows. Ideally, candidates will bring direct experience or relevant skills for each of these components.
Real Estate Project Management
The candidate will quickly assimilate into multiple project teams (architects, engineers, contractors, etc.) and increasingly take ownership of multiple workstreams. Within 6-12 months, the candidate should be leading project execution on several deals.
- Do what is needed to get next generation housing built.
- Assist – and eventually lead or draw – project design review: generating, documenting, and coordinating Space Craft design comments for the Architect during the design and construction phases.
- Catalog and send weekly to-dos for the design-build team, including General Contractor, Architect and sub-consultants (civil, structural, MEP, landscape, etc.).
- Spend time each week visiting sites under construction to talk with the Superintendents and GC Project Managers, engender trust in our partners, and keep the Space Craft teammates aware of on-the-ground conditions.
- Maintain and help enforce the Master Milestone schedule, including drawing sets (Schematic, 50%, 75%, 90%, Permit Sets, 100% GMP set), GC budgets, and GC schedules during preconstruction, as well as construction and punch, marketing and lease-up schedules.
- Manage project budget, including monthly payment draws, contingencies, and value engineering opportunities. Work with the Space Craft team, General Contractor, and Architect to deliver a project that is both on-budget and beautiful.
- Liaise with City permitting staff, General Contractor, and Architect to resolve plan set discrepancies and secure permits.
- Guide Submittals, Request for Information, and Request for Change process between Space Craft, General Contractor, and Architect.
- Collaborate with other teams to improve Space Craft’s supply chain management process and systems, including finishes and fixtures.
- Collaborate with other teams to improve Space Craft’s project management systems.
Personal and Team Growth
We want you to be in sync with the broader company and understand the big picture behind our development projects. Reserve time to connect with teammates, find mentors, and contribute ideas that improve our developments and the company.
Reading, learning, finding inspiration, and participating in professional organizations outside of work is part of the company culture. Do what you need to do to stay creative.
Charlotte, NC (residency or relocation)